are RectangleMorph and Rectangle polymorphic

Les Tyrrell tyrrell at iserve11.lis.uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 18 17:43:00 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Ingalls <Dan at SqueakLand.org>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2001 12:56 PM
Subject: Re: are RectangleMorph and Rectangle polymorphic

> To me, as I said, the current state of affairs is a manifestation of the difference between system programming and end-user programming.  And the question is:  Should there be any difference?  Alan will say no.  I say I don't know.  But Alan has often turned out to be right ;-).

Which my first reaction is to think that this is a problem of aspect orientation- supporting specialized, coherent views of a system from differing perspectives ( ie, system programmer and end-use programmer ) without cluttering either view with extraneous matter from the others.

Something to keep in mind as we go, I guess.