Squeak on PS2?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 15:11:43 UTC 2001

Andreas Raab wrote:

> The second
> port (PS2/Linux) was done by getting the Unix sources and type "make". So if
> you can get your hands onto a PS2/Linux version you can port as fast as we
> did.

Thanks Andreas

As easy as that? I was thinking that there might be issues with
primitives, plugins and the rest, but this sounds very reassuring!

Generally, what were your impressions of PS2 as a Squeak "host" or Linux
on PS2 generally? I was thinking of the connectivity kit (I can probably
source the kit as cheap as Sony, and the Bulgarian Linux to PS2 port
should be out soon) plus Squeak as a wedding present for the neice
(beats sets of tableware)!

Cheers

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211