f-script

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Nov 19 22:37:32 UTC 2001

Too bad they couldn't get away from APL like unreadable operators. That's
the most disturbing part - there's nothing wrong with a few carefully chosen
keywords (like #join, #reduce etc) and learning all these operators is just
a pain. Reminds me of my favourite entry in the J online help:

"For vectors and matrices, the phrase x +/ . * y is equivalent to the dot,
inner, or matrix product of math; other rank-0 verbs such as <. and *. are
treated analogously. In general, u . v is defined by u@(v"(1+lv,_)),
restated in English below."

Ah, yes. u@(v"(1+lv,_)). Of course ;-)

Cheers,