[BUG] Squeak Alice not reading MDL files

karsten droste karstendroste at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 07:25:02 UTC 2001

--- In squeak at y..., Bert Freudenberg <bert at i...>
wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, Stephen Pair wrote:
>
> > The ability for Squeak Alice to read MDL files
appears to be broken.
> > When following the instructions in the Alice demo
to load an MDL file,
> > sometimes a debugger opens, other times it runs,
but the resulting actor
> > has no visible appearance (when looking at the
"Actor Info" tab).

> Works fine for me. Where did you get the models? The
newer ones don't
> work, the Alice group changed the format.
>
> -- Bert

both are right. in squeak 3.0 it works fine and in
squeak 3.2 it is broken.

in 3.2 the mdl and vrml files start loading. no error
messages appear. BUT only one object without any
childs is loaded, there is no picture in the actor
info and nothing is shown by alice.

karsten