[BUG] Event Sensor flushes way too much...

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Nov 23 09:58:57 UTC 2001

In the pending 3.2.1 mac vm and the 3.1.2 beta VM that some of you
have noticed there is a feature to allow you to drag and drop (jpeg,
text, mp3 (no smalltalk support yet) onto the VM.

However this fails in the current image because EventSensor is asked
to flush the VM event queue at the most interesting times, like at
startup. I think it's gets rid of mouse clicks etc at startup time
and when you switch between projects and I noticed some interesting
code Dan added in Oct (flushNonKbdEvents) that tampers with the event
queue. However it has the side effect of removing all traces of the
pending drag and drop events we've queued. This change set ensures
that drag and drop event don't silently disappear at startup time.

Note at application startup time we might get a list of 100 jpegs to
open, these get passed upwards as queued VM drag and drop events,
then everyone is happy, unless you flush the queue.