¡Ooops! A survey of OSs used by Squeakers

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 16:52:56 UTC 2001

Kevin Fisher wrote:

> Hi John:
>
> Err...you've got C and D mentioned twice in your list down there!
> Put me down for Linux and Windows...

Well spotted, Kevin!

My only excuse is brain fade caused by trying to get the latest (stable)
version of Kde to compile: after a day of upgrading stuff, telling the
./configure script that yes, openssl is in the default location (!) and
sitting patiently while my poor little 333 chip struggles to build its
vast hugeness, I've come to the conclusion that something is terminally
buggered and that I'll let SuSE sort it.

The list should have read:

a.    Mac
b.    OSX
c.    BSD
d.    Linux
e.    Other *nix
f.    Acorn (hi Tim!)
g.    Windows
h.    OS2
i.    PS2

Apologies. Lots of people spotted this and sent me the OS they had as
well as the letter.

If you didn't spot it and use something after BSD, please re-send to me
off list.

Cheers & more apologies (and thanks, Kevin!)

John

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211