[GOODIE] Paren Blinking

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sat Nov 24 10:03:11 UTC 2001

from preamble:

"Change Set:		Paren Blinking
Date:			18 November 2001
Author:			Bijan Parsia

Ye old blinker left you with the contents of your parens
selected...which meant that the very next character you typed would
obliterate those contents.

This slightly more functional. It will do the #selectWord then flash the
entire paragraph for 400 milliseconds (which makes the selected range
quite clear :)). (For the record, the fact that NewParagraph doesn't
have a #reverseFrom:to: makes the obviously superior solution, well, not
work :)).

WARNING! I think this is quite useless as is. I suspect that the delay
is a little long but if it's shorter it really didn't seem to tell me
what was what. Also, it'd prolly be better to make a special version of
#selectWord for this, as I suspect it's more informative to fail to
blink if there isn't a prior match instead of selecting all the way to
the beginning.

Enjoy (carefully). To undo the effect, just revert your
ParagraphEditor>>dispatchOnCharacter:with:. I don't promise that this
won't lose work or drive you crazy!"!