[BUG] Can't mouse (or do anything!) in new morphic project!

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Mon Nov 26 08:16:12 UTC 2001

Hi--

	I submitted a fix for this on 5 November 2001 (and repeated below). Did
it not come through to the list?

	thanks,

-C

***

Subject: [FIX] world installation (was "[BUG] New projects need
kickstarting")
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 23:00:29 -0800
From: Craig Latta <Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG>
To: "David N. Smith (IBM)" <dnsmith at watson.ibm.com>
CC: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org

        Well, it seems that the problem is (the new world)<<fullBounds
not getting set correctly, so all mouse-down events are rejected in
MorphicEventDispatcher>>dispatchMouseDown:with: ("(aMorph fullBounds
containsPoint: globalPt) ifFalse:[^#rejected]"). After that point,
submorphs are given a chance to handle events, but there aren't any
submorphs in this situation.

        One fix is to set <<fullBounds when setting <<bounds in
PasteUpMorph>>viewBox: (which is run by PasteUpMorph>>install when
entering a new Morphic project). The attached does this.

        thanks,

-C

--

'From Squeak3.2alpha of 26 October 2001 [latest update: #4469] on 5
November 2001 at

!PasteUpMorph methodsFor: 'project state' stamp: 'crl 11/5/2001 22:57'!
viewBox: newViewBox
        "I am now displayed within newViewBox; react."

        (self viewBox == nil or: [self viewBox extent ~= newViewBox
extent]) ifTrue:
[worldState canvas: nil].

        worldState viewBox: newViewBox.
        super position: newViewBox topLeft.
        fullBounds _ bounds _ newViewBox.

        "Paragraph problem workaround; clear selections to avoid screen
droppings."
        self flag: #arNote.             "Probably unnecessary"
        worldState handsDo: [:hand | hand releaseKeyboardFocus].
        self fullRepaintNeeded! !

--
Craig Latta
composer and computer scientist