[ENH] ??? MD5 in Squeak.

Mike Rutenberg mdrs at akasta.com
Tue Nov 27 12:43:27 UTC 2001

"Duane Maxwell" <dmaxwell at san.rr.com> wrote:
> One reason I believe it has not made it into the image is that a request was
> made by SqC a few months back to try and refactor SHA and MD5 functionality
> to take advantage of their similarities, but neither I nor anyone else found
> the time to do so.  I agree that it should probably be part of the image.

The "integration issue" that I heard of (while talking with John and Stephan)
was to take advantage of John's SHA/DSA plugin speed and avoid having an
additional MD5 plugin.  The DSA plugin was then replaced by the general purpose
LargeInteger plugin, eliminating the need for special purpose plugins for either
SHA or MD5.

As far as I know, there are no outstanding integration issues.

Mike