[BUG][Etoy] Can't set scaleFactor on Morph/Player

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Wed Nov 28 22:52:55 UTC 2001

Hi, Jerry,

Ah, yes, now I remember!

ScaleFactor works for every kind of morph *except* that it is broken,
and has never worked, when it comes to PolygonMorph and its
descendents.

The issue derives from the fact that Polygons (for their own good
reasons) refuse to have "TransformationMorph" shells wrapped around
them (a scaled polygon is itself just another polygon, after all,)
and it's the TransformationMorph that holds the scaleFactor
information.

Looking back I see that only last month I bumped into the very bug
you reported, and after discussing the polygon situation within SC
for a few rounds of email, I issued, in update 4465cleanups-sw dated
29 October, a workaround for this problem -- see item 6 in the
preamble to that update.

You should now see no more scaleFactor-related debuggers, and the
scaleFactor of polygons is maintained at 1 -- that's the best we can
do until someone does the work to implement a scaleFactor within
PolygonMorph.

Cheers,

   -- Scott