SUnit for XML?

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Thu Nov 29 18:16:52 UTC 2001

Hi all,

are there any (SUnit) test cases for XML out there? I used to test Yax
with a bunch of test files from  James Clark's test suite
(http://www.squeaklet.com/Yax/xmltest.zip), but never got around to
create a real test suite out of it.
As far as I can tell Yax handles a lot of the semi-validating stuff
(extending entities, namespaces, system and public ids and such) but
this impression is more based on "anecdotal" testing ;-)

A test suite would give as an objective measure of what works with which
parser and would provide a list of points to work on.

Oh, and benchmarks would be great, although Shakespeare
(http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/examples/shakespeare/) provides nice lengthy
files :-)

Michael