A survey of OSs used by Squeakers

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 19:06:36 UTC 2001

Gary McGovern wrote:

> Having been flamed for my email and misunderstood, I feel it only right that
> my point is clear. Here is my reply that I don't agree is off-topic for the
> thread.

Gary, who flamed you? I replied to you *off the list* because I didn't
want to clutter up a busy list with what could degenerate very quickly
into a discussion of the merits of various operating systems. I'm quite
happy to have that conversation, but _not_ here, please.

I sent you one email (and we've talked off list before, so it's hardly a
huge breach of netiquette) you replied, and I replied again. Generally I
don't think I was doing anymore than stating my point and asking for
clarification where I simply couldn't understand what you meant. I'm
still waiting for one set of clarifications/examples. Having looked at
the emails again, they are the very model of civil discourse!

BTW, when I refered in the Preliminary Survey Results to some responses
being off topic, I meant that they didn't contain the data (some people
sent me more than one email, some people discussed stuff but sent no
data). This wasn't a criticism, and it was _not_ pointed at you.

If that offended you, I'm sorry, for I am the X refered to.

Cheers

John

//snipped//

--
Reputed to be the reason Windows 2000 was nearly a year late, (paid in
shares M$Ds needed the cash and kudos) Netproject's Eddie Bleasdale has

http://www.silicon.com/bin/bladerunner?30REQEVENT=&REQAUTH=21046&14001REQSUB=REQINT1=48211