Finding Plugins: MPEG files not valid?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Nov 30 21:22:45 UTC 2001

>Try loading the plugin (by opening an mpeg -- I'd use the blue player,
>rather than the orange one, which has always been a bit buggy for me)
>and doing a "print it" on Smalltalk listLoadedModules. The plugin should
>show up. Note that (I've never understood the "why" to this) the Mpeg
>plugin is loaded dynamically, on need. This doesn't necessarily help
>diagnosis!

Thanks, John -- that helps alot.  I now know for certain that the
MPEG plugin is *NOT* loading, even after opening the 'blue' player
and trying to open a file.  Anyone know how to force it to load?

Thanks!
  Mark

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu