Weather maps?

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Fri Nov 30 21:52:27 UTC 2001

Steve Swerling wrote:
> Duane Maxwell wrote:
> [snips]
> > At exobox we also talked about expanding on the fast sphere rendering
code I
> > posted a while back to act as a directory for webcams and other
geographic
> > kinds of stuff.
>
> Can you post another pointer to that code?

http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/492.html

Andreas followed up with spheres done in B3D (made of *blech* polygons)
using the same texture maps to produce the FinalFrontier demo.

The primary difference is that this code is specifically designed to produce
true spheres extremely quickly, but is not well suited for general use.

-- Duane