Caveats

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Oct 1 03:23:15 UTC 2001

On Monday 01 October 2001 05:15 pm, Daniel Joyce wrote:
> I will say the biggest caveats I still have is the 'dirtiness' of morphic.
>
> 	Hard coded extents, or improper clipping cause all sorts of
> text/buttons/etc to appear outside the bounds of their containing morphs.

In general (that is, other than windows/buttons/widget "standard" GUI stuff),
you don't necessarily want clipping. But there is a "clip submorphs" property
(down in Morph) that causes submorph drawing to be clipped to owner bounds.

What did you notice that needed fixing?

> 	It's ugly in some places.

Yes.

> 	Is there anyone working on cleaning this up?
>
> 	Also, has the Morphic rewrite started? Morphic still handles some
> translations/rotations inconsistently.

Which ones? I ran into some problems with translations, but I think they were
fixed. There are still (as I recall) some problems with arbitrary rotations.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com