Getting accents into Squeak

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 06:08:46 UTC 2001

Hi Torge

I think I've begun to get my head around it (a little). So far:

The first two dictionaries work fine:
À ^ ? ? ~ ?  Ã ? Õ < - > //this keyboard has no superscript o (ascii
248) //
Then we run into trouble. None of the other ones work. (Are we dealing
here with -- it's difficult to see, even if I increase the text size 044
or 039 and is the last one 034?)

I've no other idea why! I'm also unsure of how this works. For example,
in my niaivity I'd thought that I could change Character deadCharacter,
accept it, and anything I'd coded in would work. Seems I need to do
something else like re-initilize something. But what?

Cheers

John
--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: