Celeste improvements!

Fleeberz at aol.com Fleeberz at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 20:26:35 UTC 2001

In a message dated 2001-10-01 11:19:46 AM, lex at cc.gatech.edu writes:

>It would be nice to have a filter that chooses a particular thread.  I
>think this would help with your goal.  Unfortunately, thread information
>can't be stored in the current index file format, at least not easily.

Well, some sort of hack perhaps? celesteThreadBloat.cs?

>I guess one of the existing lines of the file could be extended with
>more info, as a hack....

Exactly! Or perhaps the file could be left just the way it is, and a parallel
file added, maybe using SkipLists...

>Also, a general "OR" filter would be nice -- right now all you get is an
>implicit "AND" of all active filters.  Really, an etoys-like interface
>to the filter list would be very nice....

Sure.

>Note, if you are willing to hand-mark messages, you can file messages
>into a "non-chitchat" category as you read them.  (If you aren't-willing
>to hand-mark them, I don't see how you are going to distinguish such a
>property.)

Yes! I was thinking only of hand-marking messages, as I doubt it would be
easy to tell chitchat and spam from useful messages (unless of course you
filter anything from Fleeberz into /dev/null ;-)

--Flee