[Bug?] TextMorph with accents in Italic

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 23:01:44 UTC 2001

"Francisco A. Lizarralde" wrote:

> I have a little problem when I try to use a TextMoprh with write accents in italic
> Style.
> The "á" looks fine but not the "é í ó ú", I send a jpeg file with the results.
> The accents are important to me because I´m using BookMorphs in spanish.
> Could anyone help me?
> Thanks in advance.

¡Holá Francisco!

I've done some experimenting: looks like some of the font bitmaps simply
don't support (all) accents in italic: Atlanta and Comic do a fairly
good job. I'm not sure why the others don't work, but incomplete font
sets are pretty common, even with ttf fonts.

As this appears to be an even bigger problem with the Xfonts in Squeak,
(Accents? What accents?), it would be nice if someone who knew what they
were doing (and had the time -- it does look to be both involved and
complex) took a peek.

Internationalisation? Per piacere!

Cheers

John
--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: