getting accents into Squeak /final concluding postscript?/

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Tue Oct 2 04:50:20 UTC 2001

John Hinsley <jhinsley at telinco.co.uk> wrote:
	The global solution (on *nixes) is to use Jamie Zawinski's xkeycaps
	which is a graphical front end (and more) for xmodmap. It's actually
	much easier to use than the man page suggests: you simply find a
	keyboard which matches your own and can then allocate different values
	to keys you don't use graphically: for example, my [Home] now gives è
	while Shift + [Home] gives È. And since Xwindow is the big boss
	responsible for the keyboard, graphics and all that, it'll work on
	any/every program, Squeak included.

Neat.  I've just bound (Insert,Home,Page Up,Del,End,Page Down), which
I never use, to (acute,circumflex,grave,cedilla,diaeresis,tilde).  Now
most of the Latin-1 accented letters are just two keystrokes.

It may save someone else a few minutes if I point out that the
"dead_*" choices are under the ISO option in the left-hand menu
when you use xkeycaps to do this.