clipboard morph sets off alarm!

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 07:16:39 UTC 2001

3.1a 4398 on SuSE 6.4 using Kde.

I drag out (for the first time) a clipboard from the objects tool and
the box's beeper goes off (ahem, the unit's speaker emits a beep at
intervals of about a second). If I X the clipboard, the beeper stops.

This is a bit odd and I'd guess only reproducible on *nixes (and maybe
Linux). For reason's I can't explain, the interaction between my Kde
clipboard and Squeak has always been just fine (dropped leading
character in Gvim excepted).

Any ideas, folks?

Cheers

John
--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: