Celeste improvements!

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Tue Oct 2 10:22:10 UTC 2001

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> > 1. Some form of tracking of "read messages", color changed or whatever.
> I think a more Celeste-y way would be to autofile messages into a "read"
> folder.  Then you can add a filter for this.

I agree big time - information in Celeste is either a mail message as
understood by SMTP/POP, or membership of messages in categories. I'd
stretch those tools a lot before I tried to add other elements.

For example, maybe we could use filters in different ways - to mark
messages instead of not showing them, for example, "Squeak messages
shall appear with small mouse icon". Read/unread marking could use this
mechanism and Lex's autofile idea to give the desired functionality.

> I've been kinda waiting to get a stable base for Celeste before plunging
> onward on anything.  There are a lot of loose changesets floating
> around, I think.  There is some discussion of moving to an external
> repository; I hope that happens, though I don't have time to work on it
> myself.
It's the old gather changes, cull them, integrate them, publish results
story. I wonder whether the Harvester guys are doing Celeste stuff,
there's only a tiny bit of those in the 51 updates.