[updates] 51 for 3.1 alpha

Rob Withers rwithers12 at mediaone.net
Tue Oct 2 12:10:01 UTC 2001

Dan and the Harvesters,  (it sounds like oldies but goodies!  ;-)

There's no doubt about it, it's great seeing all of those community changes
go though.  It looks like there were some nice fixes in there.  In light of
the beta, following by such slicing and dicing, please consider putting the
following changesets into the 3.1alpha stream.

[3.0 SUnit]
I have attached the SUnit 3.0 changesets, with changes to remove the
existing, deprecated Classes and methods from the 2.8 version in the
current image.  All SUnit tests pass.

[NuBlu Events code plus image repairs]
The second set of changesets are the new event code, from the NuBlu
book.  I changed the top level actionMap dictionary to be a
WeakKeyIdentityDictionary, like the EventsFields class var used to hold.  I
also went through the image and changed all of the references to the old
events code to this set.  There wasn't a lot of use of this mechanism, but
some in Morphic.    Please consider putting these into the pre 3.2 stream,
also.    This framework is used by ModSqueak, which is still being looked
at, especially for the Declarative model it introduces.  This changeset
would help ease that effort, and perhaps help us combine the two Module
mechanisms.

cheers,
Rob

PS.  I recently switched from Outlook to Eudora, so I fervently hope that
there isn't any HTML nonsense going on in this email.  I told eudora three
times!   Please let me know if I;ve mangled it once again.