getting squeak 3.1 mac

Jerry Balzano gjbalzano at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 2 21:16:29 UTC 2001

Hi -- I'm trying to get up and running with the latest version of squeak.
I have downloaded "Squeak3.1a-4347b.zip" and unzipped it to find two files,
an image file and a changes file.  Using the "Macify Squeak Files" app, I,
well, "macified" these files, but it seemed I was still two files short.
Since I couldn't find a Mac 3.1 VM, I just copied over the "Squeak
3.0Alpha14MT" VM, and likewise I copied the "SqueakV3sources" file into my
Squeak 3.1a folder.  Was this the right way to proceed?  I don't seem to
have broken anything.  But is there a bona fide Squeak 3.1a VM file that
I'm just missing?  Am I OK using 3.0a14?

				- Jerry Balzano

Dr. Gerald J. Balzano
Teacher Education Program
Dept of Music
Laboratory for Comparative Human Cognition
Cognitive Science Program
UC San Diego
La Jolla, CA 92093
(619) 822-0092