Squeak 'cron'-like functionality?

Rob Withers rwithers12 at mediaone.net
Tue Oct 2 22:24:28 UTC 2001

At 05:53 PM 10/2/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 02:23:49PM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
>
>[snip]
>

> > Sure. Have a Morph's step method look at its scheduled time and current
> time
> > and act if it's appropriate. And you can even display status that way.
>

>Ah...but what if no Morphs are involved? :)  Unopened Morphs don't respond
>to steps, I believe.

If you have a World, there is protocol for scheduling an Alarm....    Use
the message finder for schedule...

For truly headless apps, I wish this were a function of the
ProcessScheduler, and I am actually modifying my DispatchQueue framework to
allow for scheduled alarms, for this very reason, but it does overlap a lot
with the foreground Morphic Alarms.

Rob