accented font support in Squeak

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 07:21:24 UTC 2001

"Richard A. O'Keefe" wrote:

> John Hinsley <jhinsley at telinco.co.uk> wrote:
>         The fonts taken from Knuth's ComputerModern are really nice, but don't
>         support accents.
>
> The Computer Modern fonts are designed to support accents, quite a wide
> variety of them in fact.  It should certainly be possible to construct
> fonts with accented characters from them.

I thought Knuth would support accents! Looks like I'll have to take a
look at how they're being "introduced" into Squeak. While I don't
actually use accents that much, it annoys the hell out of me that I
can't have them when I want them and how I want them. And I think it's a
huge obstacle to internationalisation.

Cheers

John
--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: