accented font support in Squeak

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 10:45:27 UTC 2001

Thanks for the code Andreas. Works a treat!

One *really* strange thing I came across (essentially, what I did was to
drag everything but the vm over to Windows to snatch the Windows fonts,
do a save, and then drag everything back -- it could be that my Windows
vm is out of date) is that in Windows, the italics still look scrunched
up, while in Linux they're fine even with the accents (although È
disappears -- my guess is that Egrave italic simply isn't in the font
set). Tested with the stock Windows versions of Baskerville and Verdana.

Terrific. These are good enough at 12pt and over to use instead of the
stock fonts.

¡Many thanks!

John
--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: