[BUG] '3 + 4' crashes Squeak ...

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Oct 4 19:14:14 UTC 2001

PhiHo Hoang wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     This still happens with 3.2Alpha4418.
>
>     ' ifFalse: [thisContext sender release]. ' is in Process>>terminate.
>
>     Where should I put a 'self halt.' to debug this problem ?
>
>     I tried to put 'self halt.' at the beginning of Process>>terminate, as
> soon as the change is accepted, I get a bunch of 'Halt' walkbacks one on top
> of the others.

You could try the #doOnlyOnce: trick that Randal Schwartz mentioned last week.

Insert this instead into the place where you were putting your halt:

   self doOnlyOnce: [self halt].

See ProtoObject>>doOnlyOnce: for more details.  (By the way, it seems like this method doesn't really need to be all the way up in ProtoObject, since it's just a utility method which doesn't refer to self.  Maybe Object would suffice?)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com