Transcript semaphore

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Sat Oct 6 15:18:17 UTC 2001

Folks -

I'm not sure to whom to address this, because I think several people have worked on it.  But I'm wondering why the access protect semaphore in TranscriptStream is a class variable.  It seems to me that it should be possible to run umpteen transcripts at once, hooked to completely asynchronous processes with no interlock at all.  Sharing a single semaphore means you cannot do this.  Making it an instance variable should give us the best of both worlds (interlocks on asynchronous access to shared transcripts, but no lockout on independent transcripts).  Am I missing something?

	- Dan