Building an interpreter without inlining.

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Oct 6 17:11:16 UTC 2001

Dan Ingalls wrote:
[snip]
> Scott -
>
> Good catch.
>
> I didn't write this method, but I am certain it should read:
>
> >       s _ self fetchPointer: SenderIndex ofObject: s].
Yow! I _did_ originally write that method (although the version browser
swears that the current version was edited by Andreas ) and I really
hope I didn't write it like that. It most certainly should be as Dan suggested.

I'm going to stick with blaming Andreas; after all the version browser
never lies :-). The problem should have been flagged somewhere along the
line by the compiler asking if you really meant for 'self' to be a
message to 's'! Of course, that now means that #self is in the list of
known message names.

The inliner seems to remove all the extra stuff ok, so at least current
vms are ok.
Bug fix follows...

tim