[ANN] Squeak RB release

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Oct 8 12:58:41 UTC 2001

Hi guys.

This is a re-release of the last one, with one more bug fixed in the RB
itself, a bug fixed in the package, but more importantly a bug fixed in
the packaging process.

This means there is now an install script on the project front page -
http://squeak.heeg.de:8080/TFODC69UQ0MFRIHMG40DRML1CU7VYZ9

You take it to Squeak, do-it, and wait. This gets and installs all the
files, each into it's proper changeset.

I generate that script automatically from the module requirement and
components information on the SCAN repository, so it'll be very easy to
keep it correct. Did I say already that using a repository written in
Squeak is very convinient? Now, if only the image could hold the code in
modules that know what version they are, so we could load only changed
files, or even diffs...

Anyway, I've loaded this version via said script into a clean 4346 image
and it works (green-lights the tests, too). BTW, to run the tests, you
need the SUnit 3.0 code (now included in 3.2a, or available from source
forge).

The bug I removed was covered by the compatibility code (concentrated in
the changesets prefixed "Addon"). This package still has way too much of
that, and some of it pretty ugly. The bits I've removed were either
doing something that Squeak already does (a moving target), or weren't
needed after I fixed a bug in a test or in the model. Any help on this
would be most appreciated - just make sure the tests still green-light
after you make your change.

Daniel Vainsencher