A stupid newbie question

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Oct 8 23:58:02 UTC 2001

>On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:
>
>>  Am I missing something, or have I been using (A) on MacOS for as long
>>  as I've had Squeak (since 2.7)?  What's to complain about?  It's there!
>>  It just works.
>
>At least for me, if you have multiple VMs it doesn't always work.  It
>launches Squeak but not necessarily the VM in the same directory.
>
>-Eric

Well mac magic then happens, the finder decides which is the newest
VM and uses that. That is based on the version number, and the create
date for the VM. Usually I attempt to ensure the latest VM (V3.1.1)
is the one that will actually get used if you have multiple VMs. But
if you must really know which is which, then drag and drop to aliases
of the VMs you have on your desktop, just to be sure... Double
clicking an image might result in a surprise. Of course we could have
an installer that hunts and and eradicates older VM's but I'm not
sure many of you would like that.