Stuck in emergency evaluator--Help!

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Tue Oct 9 06:36:37 UTC 2001

I would really appreciate some help so I can recover my work.  I've got
into a loop from a halt in the layout process, and I can't seem to undo it
or exit.

History:
put a halt in GridLayout>>layout:in: (my own layout class)
this seemed to work OK, so I saved the image.
edited another method to force the layout
Tried to invoke it -> emergency evaluator.

So:
reverting the last method doesn't work, because it's really the second to
last that's causing the trouble (I'm pretty sure).
Project current exit doesn't work, I suppose because the layout problem
interrupts it.

Inspecting Utility>>revertLastMethodSubmission led me to try the following
(GridLayout changeRecordsAt: #layout:in:) second fileIn
but this just dumps me back into the emergency evaluator.  Further, if I go
(GridLayout sourceCodeAt: #layout:in:)
afterwards, I still see the halt.

(Actually, I have to go (GridLayout sourceCodeAt: #layout:in:) first: 300
to see the relevant part of the code in the incredibly tiny emergency
evaluator window).