How to make a URL link in a TextMorph?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 17:52:43 UTC 2001

Ned Konz wrote:

> Drag a TextMorph out of the Objects tool.
>
> Edit something like:
>
>     go here<http://bike-nomad.com>
>
> Select it; hit alt-6, choose "Be a web URL link".
>
> Now it looks like:
>
>     go here<http://bike-nomad.com>[No hidden info]
>
> However, alt-6, "Edit hidden info" doesn't seem to do anything at all,
>
> and alt-6, "Copy hidden info" causes a walkback when the first argument to
> addAttribute:toArray: is nil:

> Am I missing something here?
>
> How do you make a URL link in a TextMorph? (I assume it's possible, since the
> menu items are there...)

I tried it and can't get it to work, so I doubt if you're missing
anything. A clue *might* be in that TextMorphForEditView (where we know
it works) seems to inherit from TextMorph, rather than the other way
round (which I'd guessed). Maybe something got overwritten?

Having this in TextMorph would be nice!

Cheers

John

--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep