A stupid newbie question

Jeff Szuhay jeff at szuhay.org
Tue Oct 9 19:38:34 UTC 2001

>> From: Ken Kahn [mailto:kenkahn at toontalk.com]
>> My post wasn't about whether Squeak can survive or even thrive as a
>> community of 1000+ members but whether it can take over the
>> planet like mammals starting doing 65 million years ago.
>
>Beats me.  I think you'd first have to kill off a significant portion
>of the dominant fauna and then see what happens.

To really beat this analogy into the ground, I think that Microsoft's
draconian licensing policies (falling water levels), the rise of Linux
and OS X (competition for food), and the current economic climate
(asteroid),
may be enough to bring this about.

Only time will tell (hopefully not sooner than aeons).

Jeff (little rodent hiding in a hole) Sz.

   Jeff Szuhay              A randomly-directed
   www.szuhay.org           chaotical wetware pattern
   jeff at szuhay.org          recognizer/generator.

   Omit needless words.
   Vigorous writing is concise.
   A sentence should contain no unnecessary words,
   a paragraph no unnecessary sentences,
   for the same reason that a drawing should have
   no unnecessary lines and
   a machine no unnecessary parts
     -- William Strunk, Jr.,
        professor and author (1869-1946)