[graybeards] Simple Simula Example?

Sergio Ruocco sergio.ruocco at mlab.disco.unimib.it
Tue Oct 9 21:59:31 UTC 2001

Tim Rowledge wrote:
 > Sergio Ruocco <sergio.ruocco at mlab.disco.unimib.it> is widely believed to
have written:
[...]
 >>In other words, thay are complex numbers that can be stacked.
 >>
 > What? You mean that you have to do special work to be able to push
 > objects? Ludicrous! How could anybody live such a dumb restricion. Why,
 > that would be as dumb as integers and floats not being proper objects!
 >
 > tim

Please, don't flame me, but the authors: as I said, I pedantially copied the
example from the book, explanations included !

I preferred to report it "as it is", without no "improvements", because I am
not fluent in Simula syntax, I don't have a Simula system to check it before
sending it out etc.

	Sergio

Sergio Ruocco CS PhD student      mailto:sergio.ruocco at disco.unimib.it
Università Statale di Milano-Bicocca        http://www.disco.unimib.it
DISCo - Software Architecture Lab.      http://www.sal.disco.unimib.it
phone: ++39 02 6448 7874                       cell: ++39 0347 2519828