A stupid newbie question

Frank Sergeant frank at canyon-medical.com
Wed Oct 10 13:19:05 UTC 2001

"Ken Kahn" <kenkahn at toontalk.com> writes:

> P.S. I realize that words like "colonize" have lots of negative
> moral baggage but I don't think they apply to the world of
> programming languages.

You think "colonize" is rough, what about the hardware world
where people speak of "master" and "slave" devices or even
just "male" and "female" connectors!

I can just see myself in later years trying to justify my
mistreatment of automobiles by leaving them out in the driveway
in all weather, ignoring their feelings, etc. by saying, "No,
really, I simply didn't consider them human back then."

-- Frank
frank at canyon-medical.com
(P.E.T.A.  People for the Ethical Treatment of Automobiles.)