[BUG] and question

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Wed Oct 10 13:02:12 UTC 2001

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, David Farber wrote:

> Question - there appear to be two 3.1 VMs for Windows:
> 'Squeak-D3D.exe' and 'Squeak-GL.exe'.
> what is the difference between these two?

Both are the same except for 3D hardware support. One uses Direct3D, the
other one OpenGL.

> which should i use?

Squeak-D3D.exe

[ Unless you happen to have a professional OpenGL graphics accelerator
board with no D3D support, like FireGL, WildCat etc. - in which case you
probably wouldn't have asked ;-) ]

Btw, I'd suggest renaming Squeak-D3D.exe to Squeak.exe just so this
doesn't come up again. And if someone wants to rather use OpenGL, isn't it
sufficient to just put in another B3DAcceleratorPlugin.dll?

-- Bert