[OT]Going to OOPSLA...

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Oct 10 16:08:45 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 10 October 2001 06:07 am, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> Hmmm. I, my girlfriend and my mother are a bit worried about what is
> possibly happening in Florida (anthrax etc) which I was intending to
> visit - OOPSLA in Tampa Bay.

Note that:

(1) Lantana (S. Florida) is a _long_ ways from Tampa (West Central Florida);
when I lived in St. Petersburg (across the bay from Tampa), it took about 5
hours to get to that area at high speed, as I recall.

(2) Tampa and St. Petersburg aren't particularly interesting targets (not
that Lantana is, either) for anyone. And though few would miss Clearwater,
it's not either, unless you're trying to get rid of a lot of Scientologists.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com