Query: Morphs for ordered lists

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Oct 10 18:50:38 UTC 2001

I have a couple different places where I am displaying a list of
morphs that are supposed to be in the same order as their underlying
objects.

If the objects are edited they may change their proper position.

If an object is added it may go somewhere in the middle.

Is there a morph that is a good starting point for this?  Although
neither the models nor the views are completely standard, this seems
like something that's probably been done.  But I don't see anything
that seems to fit; there are list displays, but no concept of ordering
that I see.

I'm thinking of approaching this using the #when:send: type framework,
so the following might happen:
underlying item object changes
It notifies the list it is in.
The list determines the sequence has changed, and rearranges itself.
It then notifies its dependents that the indicated item is in a new
position.
The dependent views move the morph corresponding to the item
appropriately.

Comments?