{bad habits] Squeak for Windows - Ctrl instead of Alt key

leeb at anecon.com leeb at anecon.com
Thu Oct 11 13:09:19 UTC 2001

<snip>

I think this might be going too far... the default key bindings should
probably be the same for Squeak on all platforms, otherwise there'd be
confusion when reading documentation, etc.  You should consciously change a
setting to get different bindings.  (An end-user runtime is a different
story... there it might make sense to detect the platform and set the key
bindings appropriately.)

- Doug Way
  dway at r...

Are we talking about multi-platform? ...
 ... is it possible to have a default key binding on all platforms? Do all of the other platforms have such a 'magic key'? We have many platforms supported by Squeak: Solaris, Pope, ... I don't know them all.

And do we can say that the option key of a mac has the same meaning as the alt key of windows? I don't know the mac and the definitions.

I thought this "problem" should be handled by the VM or the input device driver (mapper).

Gerald.