Message passing rather than object orientation

Justin Walsh jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 13 23:55:24 UTC 2001

Hi!
I agree with you about "more intentional and strategic forms of
programming".
The attached .gif demonstrates that ken is on the right "intentional" track
but, on the wrong "practical" track ie.
The former is analytic the latter synthetic, (pattern, state, be-ing, mvc)
as distinct from (action, transition, be-coming, morphic).
The former are the objects of pure, a prior, reasoning the latter objects of
practical, posteriori, reasoning.
The former declarative, the latter procedural.
If the intention is to isolate, or seek out real "public" objects with a
device like morphic then it won't work.
Sure! you will expand the number of principles and concepts (as if we need
any more) but never leave the current universe of discourse: play.
Intention and strategy is another domain altogether.
Sorry morphers Etoys is as good as it is going to get.
" a cluster of small hills doth not a mountain make"
cheers
Justin