{bad habits] Squeak for Windows - Ctrl instead of Alt key

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Mon Oct 15 00:52:36 UTC 2001

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> "Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> 	On the other hand, in my experience it's really not hard to deal with
> 	different keystrokes in *different* applications.
>
> You reckon?  In Netscape, it's Alt-p to print the current document.
> In Acrobat Reader, it's Ctrl-p to print the current document.
> So when Netscape fires up Acrobat Reader to view a document,
> which it often does, I *ALWAYS* end up grateful that Alt-p does nothing
> in Acrobat, and would be even gratefuller if it did the Right Thing.

Let me just add another contrary data point: I *regularly* screw up copy
and paste when working with Squeak on Windows. I had to force myself to
get used to Windows evil ctrl thingy, and I'm *constantly* going ctrl-v,
ctrl-c, etc. in Squeak. Worse when I'm trying to go between Squeak and
another program.

Brutal, it is very very very brutal. Definitely diminishs the general
computing experience for me. And, after all, it's not like Windows needs
HELP in diminishing the computing experience for me....

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.