Assorted philosophy points briefly answered

Justin Walsh jwalsh at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 15 03:41:07 UTC 2001

Good!
Yes you are right "peacefull" was a bit too provocative. Thanks for pulling
me up!
Philosophy is the last battle ground: preferable to politics or war. When it
fails usually hot war kicks in.
Every human culture has a unifying philosophy, particularly Aboriginals.
If philosophy is a "battle ground" then the intellectual "Theatre of War" is
metaphysics.
Kant believed in the reality of these things but, strongly opposed their
mis-employment, prefering instead to replace them with sound science:
putting aside dialectic, conflict.
That is the "peacefull" I really meant.

"This shows, beyond all questioning, that the procedure of metaphysics has
hitherto been a merely random groping, and what is worst of all, a groping
among mere concepts.". P 021 Kant Critique of Pure Reason NKS
The attached etext is a bit wobbly, bad proof reading.

Your loyalty, in itself, to "leadership", is commendable.
Good responsible leadership is hard to find these days, where interest and
profit have rendered such things "old fashioned".
It was just this kind of loyalty by his followers that made G*tes the
richest man on earth and yet he became a law-breaker in the eyes of the
state. Has loyalty been returned?
We make our leaders the people they become. It is not their fault that they,
more often than not, break sacred trust, mislead, mostly through laziness or
worse deceive their following.
Our responsibility is to know our "state of affairs" (be-ing), know the
prevailing social and moral laws, not blindly, but knowingly and
consciously, sculpt leadership by proper use of criticism (analysis) into
the be-ing it must necessarily be-come. It is a two way co-mmanding,
co-dependant, server-Xclient  process.
If the rules or process is wrong then it is ones duty to speak out. It is
not, as you have correctly pointed out, a green light to show disrespect.
Sorry!
Justin