[ENH] LargeLists

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 15 20:29:05 UTC 2001

An update to cope with a recent update from SC.  This is a really
useful feature, so I hope LargeLists can eventually become standard.
I've tested that all the basic windows continue to work fine after this patch.

	-Lex

"Change Set:		LargeLists
Date:			15 October 2001
Author:			Lex Spoon

Adds an option to PluggableListMorph and friends so that very large
lists can be efficiently displayed.  The trick is to only process list
elements that are currently visible.  To use the functionality, a
pluggable list morph must be supplied with two additional selectors: one
to extract a single element of the list, and another to query the size
of the whole list without calculating the list itself.

Be warned that the model must call update: whenever the list changes,
and in particular whenever the list shrinks.  verifyContents does not
work properly for PLM's that have the two extra selectors specified."!