[BUG] (IMHO) Change Sorter, ctrl/cmd-x can delete the class *from the system*!!

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Wed Oct 17 02:42:50 UTC 2001

Ok, first a bit of praise: Two levels of warning saved my tuckus.

Scenario: I'm in a change sorter. I have a class I want to delete *from
the change set*. I select it and hit ctrl-x. "Are you certain that you
want to delete the class SystemWindow?" Sure, *from the change set*.

"class has subclasses: Are you certain that you want to delete the class
SystemWindow?" Well, not anymore, since there aren't any subclasses of
SystemWindow *in my changeset*. Yeeek! If it hadn't had subclasses,
perhaps i'd have deleted it from my system!

Might I suggest that there is really *no need* to be able to delete a
class from the *system* from a changeset sorter? If it has to be there,
may I further suggest that we don't need it to have a key cmd shortcut? :)

By the skin of my teeth...

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.