[BUG] (IMHO) Change Sorter,ctrl/cmd-x can delete the class *from the system*!!

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Wed Oct 17 04:53:32 UTC 2001

Scott,

> It would be good to hear some other opinions on this!

I think the crucial point here is that many (most?) people associate CMD-x
with a generic delete gesture in the context of the tool they're in rather
than as a specific delete gesture for this particular life entity.

If it's the first, then it should really delete the changes and not the
method itself in a change sorter, but should in fact delete the method in a
browser.

If it's the second, then you're right and all is well.

Since only a survey could tell for real, how about assigning a "generic"
delete gesture (like backspace/del) which a) is bound to the context of the
tool and b) puts up a warning if the default delete gesture seems to be a
bit radical (like in a browser)?!

Cheers,
  - Andreas