Query: moving stuff between projects to hide from publication

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Oct 17 05:53:47 UTC 2001

I have a project I'm working on that I intermittently publish to BSS (see
the Activity project if you're curious, but it's sparsely
documented).  It's a priority planning tool, and I now have a fair amount
of data in it.  I want to publish it without the data to keep a little
privacy, and also to save space.  How can I do that?

I figure if I temporarily move things to another project I can avoid
publishing them.  I have a number of morphs I'd like to move.  Is there a
reasonable way to move them?  I looked quickly in the Project and Morph
protocols, and didn't see anything obvious.  Perhaps I somehow get the
Project's world and put the morph in there?

There is data separate from the Morphs.  I've put my data in the Smalltalk
dictionary, and one of my classes accesses it.  Is that enough to keep it
out of being published?  I assume if I just left it as a class variable it
would get published (since the class itself is published).