[ENH] Remember window size for tools

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Thu Oct 18 15:34:48 UTC 2001

One of my pet peeves has been the default window sizing of tool windows.
When working on larger displays I always end up opening a tool and then
resizing the newly opened window. This changeset ends that, "Stop the
madness!"

The user opens a tool in a window,  resizes the window to his liking, and
then has the tool remember that size as the default window size for that
tool. This functionality is available through the window menu or under the
red halo as 'remember this size'. This solution was first suggested by Jon
Hyland.

One nasty bit, I defined a class instance variable for Model in which to
store the default window extent. [This may be a religious issue to some, but
I say that if you can't trust your class instance variables, who can you
trust?]

I've found this to be one of those stupid little tweaks that makes life much
happier in the Squeak environment.

This changeset *requires* Squeak 3.2a 4441, as a minor tweak to the way
models are handled was newly introduced in that batch of updates.

Enjoy,

Jim