OOpsla and modular squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Oct 19 02:34:09 UTC 2001

>Hi
>
>There was a group of people including Roger withney that worked on porting
>the code of didier at CampSmalltalk.
>Else you can contact didier directly didier at ieee.org.
>
>Stef

Hi, I'm sorry you could not make it because of some silly
cancelation. Missed having you there. I did talk to some of the
leaders in the community about the modular squeak issue, and Joseph
did get to present to Dan (mind not in a one on one setting, but at
least Dan did attend) Dan told me after he respects Joseph work and
it's not as big or as complicated as he thought. However my
understanding, which is limited of the Visualworks bof is that those
people and the GemStone folks really get it. Therefore I'd suggest
you make the Visualworks & GemStone modular solution a camp smalltalk
cross platform project and use STORE to provide the inter
communication. In some respect as Dan told me "the community needs to
decide what is best" We should just continue working on it