re OOpsla and modular squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Oct 19 07:26:46 UTC 2001

Ha, if you get three hours sleep then summary notes get away from
you. In any case if someone who attended the Visualworks BOF could
summarize for me then I'll include it in my OOPSLA report. The note
that I just <accidently I might add> sent out was a rough cut of what
I thought I heard about the modular squeak issues at OOPSLA and I
think accurately reflect what I thought I heard and seems to mirror
discussions on the list about work being done on the two products.

I should point out that Henrik got a lot of time on wed (if I recall>
to discuss his work in front of numerous people using Ralph's
projector, for which Ralph should be thanked  since it was a great
idea to bring that device. I didn't quite capture that in my notes
yet, but will mention it now before I forget. That was a good idea

I'll post Wed notes in about an hour.

PS, yes I've gotten numerous notes on the string concatination
operator is really comma, not plus in the method finder notes, but if
you type that at 3AM you aren't quite all there and you are thinking
3 + 4 again a historically significate test not 3,4. I'll see about
getting everything on a Wiki tomorrow so some kind soul who has
gotten more sleep last night than I did for the week can silently
correct it for me.